Wireline Network Transparency Disclosure
In compliance with the Federal Communication Commission’s Transparency Rules, below you will find valuable information regarding the Network Management Practices, Performance Characteristics and Commercial Terms for internet services offered by Virgin Islands Telephone Corporation. “We”, “our”, and “us” refer to Virgin Islands Telephone Corporation, d/b/a Viya. “You” and “Your” refer to the person or entity that subscribes to Viya’s service(s).
Network Management Practices
- Blocking– Viya does not block or otherwise prevent end user access to lawful content, applications, or services.
- Throttling– Viya does not degrade or impair access to lawful internet traffic on the basis of content, application, service, user, or use of a non-harmful device.
- Affiliated Prioritization– We do not directly or indirectly favor some traffic over other traffic, including through the use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, to benefit an affiliate.
- Paid Prioritization– We do not directly or indirectly favor some traffic over other traffic, including through the use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, in exchange for consideration, monetary or otherwise.
- Congestion Management– Viya strives to always provide service at the speeds you subscribed to, however, we reserve the right to manage our network for maximum efficiency. The bandwidth provided by Viya is a shared service. Any quoted bandwidth rating/transfer rate for the service is a maximum rate and not guaranteed based upon the shared service. Due to the demands of the internet, the limitations of other networks that comprise the internet and your equipment limitations, the availability of maximum speeds will vary.
- Application Specific Behavior– We do not block or rate-control specific protocols or protocol ports, modify protocol fields in ways not prescribed by the protocol standard, or otherwise inhibit or favor certain applications or classes of applications.
- Device Attachment Rules– To ensure service functionality at your location, you are required to use modems and/or routers provided by Viya. Aside from using our equipment to receive the service at your location, Viya places no restrictions on the types of devices you may connect to our network, provided the device is compatible with and does not harm our network or other users.
- Security– We understand the importance of network security and strive to provide our customers with the best possible network experience. Through the use of network tools and monitoring, we try to detect and minimize the impact of any threats to the security and availability of the network. In the event we become aware of spamming or other efforts to deny service, we reserve the right to terminate your access without notice.
As a Viya customer, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect when using our services, including any data stored on that device. Further, you are required to take all necessary steps to secure and manage the use of the services you receive from us in such a way to assure that network abuse and fraudulent activity is prevented.
- Service Description– Our goal is to provide you with high-speed, reliable internet services. With our high-speed internet packages, you have access to speeds ranging from 6 Mbps down/2 Mbps up to 100 Mbps down/10 Mbps up. Actual speeds may vary. For more information about the services we offer, please view our Rate Plans.
- Impact of Non-Broadband Internet Access Service Data Services– Viya’s HFC network is a broadband service and therefore it does not offer any Non-Broadband Internet Access Data Services.
- Price– Prices for our services can be found here. Additional charges and fees may apply including activation and early termination fees.
- Redress Options– Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your service, please contact a customer service agent by dialing (340) 777-VIYA (8492).
 47 CFR 8.3