The first time you access your voicemail box you will be asked to set up your mailbox, and record your name and a greeting to be played by callers (see page 2).
When you have one or more unheard voice messages waiting, your phone will play a stutter tone when taken off hook.
FROM YOUR OWN PHONE:
- Dial *98.
- Enter your voicemail password.
- If you have new messages, the messages will be identified.
- After hearing any new messages, you will be presented with the Voicemail Main Menu. The Main Menu options are listed in the next column
FROM ANOTHER PHONE:
- From an external phone either:
- Dial the voicemail access number , (340) 779-MAIL (6245)
- Dial your main telephone number and press *.
- When prompted, enter your 10 digit number.
- When prompted, enter your voicemail password plus #.
- If you have new messages, the messages will be identified.
After hearing any new messages, you will be presented with the Voicemail Main Menu.
VOICEMAIL MAIN MENU
|Play Inbox Messages||1|
|Work with Greetings||3|
|Mail Box Settings||4|
|Access Deleted Messages||6|
|Log on as a different user||7|
CHANGING YOUR VOICEMAIL PASSWORD
- Access your voicemail box.
- From the Main Menu, press 4 to change your settings.
- Press 3 for security options.
- Press 1 to change the PIN.
RECORDING YOUR PERSONAL GREETING
- Access your voicemail box.
- From the Main Menu, press 3
- To set up a personal greeting press 1
- To set up a system generated greeting or to change the recording of your name press 3
- To change the greeting that callers hear when you’re busy press 5
- If you don’t record a personal greeting, a generic greeting will be played.
MESSAGE PLAYBACK OPTIONS
While listening to your voicemail messages, the following options are available:
|ACTION||Before Message||During Message||After Message|
(skips header, goes to message body)
(skip to next message)
|Reply to Message||n/a||4||
|Save Message and go to next||n/a||2||
|Play Inbox Messages||1||n/a||1|
|Work with Greetings||
|Access Deleted Messages||
After playing a deleted message, 2 to save, 3 to permanently erase
|Log on as a different user||
|Return to Main Menu, Exit Voicemail System||
(at other times, pauses acivity for 30 secs)
|Skip back 5 secs||n/a||n/a|
|Skip forward 5 secs||
SETTING UP ATTENDANT SERVICE
If permitted by your type of account, you can set up a number to which callers can divert instead of leaving a voicemail message. This number is known as the attendant number and might be the number of your reception desk, assistant, or another predetermined number. The caller can press 0 to transfer to the attendant number.
You can add an attendant number by pressing 1 from the Additional Settings menu on the Mailbox Settings Menu.
You will hear an announcement either stating your current attendant number, or that you do not have an attendant number selected.
- To enter a new attendant number, press 1.
- Enter the 10-digit attendant number followed by #.
- The number you entered is played back to you for review.
- To accept it, press 1.
- To re-enter it, press 2.
- Alternatively, to delete your attendant number, press 2.
You can forward a message that someone else has left for you to a third party, as long as the person who left the message did not mark the message private.
- After listening to the message, press 5.
- Enter the telephone number of the person you are forwarding the message to, and then press #.
- You hear the person’s number or recorded name if available.
- If you made a mistake and need to re-enter or erase the number you just entered, press * to cancel and start again.
- If you want to add additional recipients, enter the additional number followed by #. You can do this as many times as required.
- If you want to finish entering numbers and move to the next step, just press #.
- You then have the option to record an introductory message, which will be played to the recipient before the forwarded message.
- If you want to record an introduction, speak after the tone. When you have finished recording your introduction, press #.
- If you do not want to record an introduction, press 1.
- Press # to send the message immediately. Alternatively, for more delivery press 1.
When you have finished choosing the delivery options, press # to send your message. You can also press # to send your message without changing any options.
- When your message has been sent, you return to the original message.
FIND ME FOLLOW ME (FORMALLY KNOWN AS CONSTANT TOUCH)
For Fine me Follow Me, you will need access to the internet.
Find me follow me allows a caller to “find you” on pre-configured phone numbers.
- Navigate to https://commportal.viya.vi
- Enter your 10 digit phone number as your username and !VIYA+last 4 digits of your phone number as the password.
- Example. Username: 3407781234 Password: !VIYA1234
- Navigate to the bottom of the following screen and change your password using the link “Change Password”.
- Please be sure to choose a password that you can remember.
- Once that is completed, navigate to and click on the “Follow Me” tab.
- Select “Add Rule” and enter the phone number and the times where a caller can find you at that number.
- Repeat this process until you’ve entered all phone numbers where you would like callers to reach you.
- Navigate to and click on “Apply”
- You also have options on whether or not to have a caller state who they are before attempting to “find” you and if you would like your phones to ring all at once or sequentially in the order that you specify.
If you would like to send a message to a group of individuals you can do so using a group list. To manage your group lists, press 1 from the Mailbox Settings Menu.
From the Group Lists menu, you can:
- add a new group list
- edit an existing group list
- review existing group lists.
If you want to create a new group list:
- Press 1 from the Group List menu.
- Enter a number (from 1–99) for the new group list, followed by #.
- If you have entered an available number, you hear a message stating the number of the group list you have chosen.
- To accept the number, press 1.
- To select another number, press 2.
- If the number is already in use, you hear a message telling you so, and you are prompted to enter a new number.
- After the tone plays, record a name for the new group list, and then press #. The name you have recorded plays back to you.
- To save the name, press 1.
- To record a new name, press 2.
- To continue without saving, press 3. This will leave the group list without a recorded name and continue to the next step. You can record a name for this group list later.
- You can now add members to your group list. Enter either a subscriber’s telephone number, or the number of another group list, and then press #.
- If you chose a number of a group account (a single account with a number of members), you are asked to select which member of that group you want to add to your group list.
- The spoken name of the person or group list that you have chosen then plays. To add the person or group list to your new group list, press 1.
- To cancel adding that person or list, press *.
- When you have added the group list or subscriber, you are then taken into the Edit Group List menu at the point where the options available are played.
If you want to edit your existing group lists, press 2 from the Group List menu.
- Enter the number of the group list you want to edit, and then press #.
- If you are not sure of the number of the group list you want to change, you can review your group lists by pressing 3 from the group list menu.
- If you change your mind and you want to keep the group list as it is, press *.
- Otherwise, you can then select from the following options, each detailed in the following sections:
- To add members to the group list, press 1.
- To remove members from the group list, press 2.
- To delete the group list, press 3.
- To play the list of members, press 4.
- To record a new name for the group list, press 5.
- To exit, press *. This saves any changes you have made and finishes editing this group list.
You can send pre-recorded messages to several subscribers or your groups using this feature. You can also schedule delivery of a message to be sent at a later date.
To send a message to one or more numbers, press 2 from the voicemail menu.
- When prompted, enter a group list or the telephone number of the person you wish to receive the message. Press # when finished.
- An announcement plays back the number of the recipient, or the recipient’s name if it is available.
- If you have entered the telephone number of a group mailbox, you will next be prompted to select the mailbox to which you want to send your message.
- If you made a mistake and need to re-enter the number, press * to cancel and start again.
- If you want to add another recipient, enter their number followed by #.
- You are then returned to the start of step 2 above.
- If you have finished entering numbers and want to continue with sending a message, just press #.
- After the tone, record your message and press # when finished.
- An announcement states that the message has been recorded.
- To hear delivery options press 1 and follow prompts.
- To schedule future delivery press 9 and follow prompts.
- To send the message without changing delivery options, press #.
- When your message has been sent, you return to the Main menu.