Discounted service for qualified customers.
- A non-transferable government assistance program.
- Only available to eligible consumers.
- Limited to one discounted service per household (qualifying wireline, wireless or broadband service plans).
VIYA and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), provides the Lifeline program that reduces the cost of basic wire line, wireless or broadband service.
HOW LIFELINE WORKS:
Certification of eligibility is done online through the Lifeline National Eligibility Verifier (National Verifier). You may do this on your own at checklifeline.org or with help from a Viya representative at a Viya Customer Service Center. You must complete an application to prove your eligibility. You may be required to upload documentation to verify your date of birth, social security number, residential address, and income or federal assistance program participation. Once you have been approved in the National Verifier you can sign up to receive Lifeline service from Viya.
For more information, please contact VIYA Customer Service at 340-777-Viya (8492) for the service you choose.
HOW LIFELINE WORKS:
If you qualify for participation in Lifeline, you will receive a credit on your local monthly bill for the service you choose. One qualifying service per eligible household may receive the Lifeline credit.
Qualifying for Lifeline:
Lifeline is a federal benefit and willfully making false statements to obtain the benefit can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment, or being barred from the program. Only one Lifeline service is available per household. A household is defined, for purposes of the Lifeline program, as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses. A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers. Violation of the one-p er-household limitation constitutes a violation of the FCC’s rules and will result in the subscriber’s de-enrollment from the program. Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit, and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
You may qualify for federal Lifeline benefits if your household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG), or you participate in any of these programs:
- Medicaid (not Medicare)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or food stamps)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Customers seeking to qualify for program benefits under the income-based
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Customers seeking to qualify for program benefits under the income-based standards are required to provide written documentation of their household income.
Please note: You are responsible for notifying us within 30 days of learning that you no longer meet the eligibility requirements for the Lifeline program or if you have a change of address.