Frequently Asked Questions
Viya Responds to Coronavirus Pandemic
PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, Viya customers WILL NOT be disconnected for non-payment.
In Addition, late fees will be waived in the event that a customer is experiencing economic hardship.
(updated March 17, 2020)
How is Viya responding to the Coronavisus outbreak in the US Virgin Islands?
- Viya, like everyone throughout the world is concerned about the Coronavirus. We see that it has been incredibly disruptive as schools are closing, employees are asked to work remotely and normal interactions are discouraged in the community.
- Our disaster preparedness team, which includes every sector of the business, has been working to ensure that engagement with our fellow employees and the community is done with the great care. As the largest telecommunications provider in the US Virgin Islands, our greatest priority is ensuring business continuity.
- The team is constantly monitoring the media and engaging with the appropriate government officials to keep abreast of the Territory’s status as it pertains to Coronavirus.
Are your Customer Experience Centers still open?
Viya is still fully operational and continues to provide our customers with premier service. However we have adapted our procedures to best protect the health of our customers, employees & community.
- In an effort to encourage social distancing and limit traffic, our Viya Customer Experience Centers have adopted a closed-door policy.
- Customers will not be ale to make transaction inside our stores.
- Transactions such as accepting payments, equipment exchanges, requests for new service, etc. may be made through a drop-box outside each location.
- Customer Care hours have also been reduced to 8am – 4pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Our CASHIER windows are temporarily CLOSED. However we continue to accept cash,check and/or credit card payments through the drop-box.
- Please call 340-777-VIYA(8492) prior to visiting a location so we can attempt to assist you by phone first.
- We have numerous, easy, 24-hour payment options available >WAYS TO PAY
What is the Preferred Way to Do Business with Viya?
Customers are asked to please refrain from visiting our offices unless necessary.
- Our Call Centers are still open 8am – 4pm. We encourage you to call 340-777-Viya (8492) to conduct transactions including:
- Sales & Sign-up
- Service Troubleshooting or to Repairs
- Bill Inquiries
- General Inquiries
- Our Technicians/Repairmen are still monitoring and maintaining our networks continuously.
- Installations & repairs will still be scheduled as long as they can be achieved without entering a customer home.
- Please call 340-777-VIYA(8492) or submit a Help Ticket at viya.vi/help to report a service issue and we will determine the best course of action.
How Should I Pay My Viya Bill?
At his time, customers are encouraged to make payments using alternate methods besides coming in to the office.
- Viya offers many fast & convdeniet ways to pay your bill including online, by phone, dropbox, bank or even one of your favorite local Credit Unions – St. Thomas Fedreal Credit Union or Frederiksted Fedral Credit Union.
- Visit or Ways to Pay page for full details
How will Viya help the community stay connected?
- Public Wi-Fi hotspots will continue to be available throughout the community.
- The company is providing several generous discounts on communication products and services that will be extremely important for workers and students to stay connected as social distancing and working from home is a critical part of containing the virus.
- See March 13, 2020 Press Release for Details
The promotions for new customers interested in internet service are great. Can I establish service now?
- Viya continues to provide installations which do not require entry into a customer’s household. This may require the customer to pick up and plug in necessary equipment inside their home. This is done with guidance from the Viya Service Team.
- Wireless Internet service (MiFi) does not require installation and is an excellent alternative to our wired Internet service.
- To submit a request for new service please visit www.viya.vi or call 340-777-Viya (8492)
How is Viya communicating with the community?
- Viya’s leadership has regular communication with our internal customers to ensure that they are aware of the company’s plans. On March 16th an All-Employee meeting was held to disseminate information and illicit questions and concerns from team members.
- Besides here on our company website, Viya encourages you to follow our Facebook page for regular updates.
- Although Viya uses all forms of media to share information with the community, we encourage our community to stay tuned to weekly Viya updates on the radio.
- WLDV DaVybe – 107.9 FM on Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- WSTA – 1340 AM on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
- WJKC – 95.1 FM on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- WSTX 970 AM on the first and third Thursday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
- WRRA 103.5 FM on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- What is Viya doing to keep their customers and employees safe?
The supervisory team is closely monitoring employees and employees are encouraged to remain at home or work remotely if they are ill. Viya is following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html .
The company has hygiene requirements for employees that include ensuring that our facilities are thoroughly disinfected particularly in high traffic areas. Additionally, we have provided our employees with ample hygiene supplies to ensure that we adhere to the highest hygiene standards.
Viya’s technical crews will continue to service the network and dispatch to repair troubles. Our technicians are being constantly reminded about hygiene.
Hand sanitizer stations will be prevalent throughout the company’s facilities and available to our customers.
What is Viya doing to keep their customers and employees safe?
- The supervisory team is closely monitoring employees and employees are encouraged to remain at home or work remotely if they are ill. Viya is following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- The company has hygiene requirements for employees that include ensuring that our facilities are thoroughly disinfected particularly in high traffic areas.
- Additionally, we have provided our employees with ample hygiene supplies to ensure that we adhere to the highest hygiene standards.
- Viya’s technical crews will continue to service the network and dispatch to repair troubles. Our technicians are being constantly reminded about hygiene.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be prevalent throughout the company’s facilities and available to our customers.
Will my Viya service be impacted?
- Viya has the network capacity to handle the surge in on-line traffic we anticipate as people retreat from public space and move their lives on line.
- Our technicians, engineers and network team continue to work around the clock to monitor, adjust and make necessary repairs to both our fiber network and our 4G LTE Mobile network.