Viya Responds to Coronavirus Pandemic
PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, Viya customers WILL NOT be disconnected for non-payment.
In Addition, late fees will be waived in the event that a customer is experiencing economic hardship.
(updated March 17, 2020)
How is Viya responding to the Coronavisus outbreak in the US Virgin Islands?
- Viya, like everyone throughout the world is concerned about the Coronavirus. We see that it has been incredibly disruptive as schools are closing, employees are asked to work remotely and normal interactions are discouraged in the community.
- Our disaster preparedness team, which includes every sector of the business, has been working to ensure that engagement with our fellow employees and the community is done with the great care. As the largest telecommunications provider in the US Virgin Islands, our greatest priority is ensuring business continuity.
- The team is constantly monitoring the media and engaging with the appropriate government officials to keep abreast of the Territory’s status as it pertains to Coronavirus.
Are your Customer Experience Centers still open?
Viya is still fully operational and continues to provide our customers with premier service. However we have adapted our procedures to best protect the health of our customers, employees & community.
- In an effort to encourage social distancing and limit traffic, our Viya Customer Experience Centers have adopted a closed-door policy.
- Customers will not be ale to make transaction inside our stores.
- Transactions such as accepting payments, equipment exchanges, requests for new service, etc. may be made through a drop-box outside each location.
- Customer Care hours have also been reduced to 8am – 4pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Our CASHIER windows are temporarily CLOSED. However we continue to accept cash,check and/or credit card payments through the drop-box.
- Please call 340-777-VIYA(8492) prior to visiting a location so we can attempt to assist you by phone first.
- We have numerous, easy, 24-hour payment options available >WAYS TO PAY
What is the Preferred Way to Do Business with Viya?
Customers are asked to please refrain from visiting our offices unless necessary.
- Our Call Centers are still open 8am – 4pm. We encourage you to call 340-777-Viya (8492) to conduct transactions including:
- Sales & Sign-up
- Service Troubleshooting or to Repairs
- Bill Inquiries
- General Inquiries
- Our Technicians/Repairmen are still monitoring and maintaining our networks continuously.
- Installations & repairs will still be scheduled as long as they can be achieved without entering a customer home.
- Please call 340-777-VIYA(8492) or submit a Help Ticket at viya.vi/help to report a service issue and we will determine the best course of action.
How Should I Pay My Viya Bill?
At his time, customers are encouraged to make payments using alternate methods besides coming in to the office.
- Viya offers many fast & convdeniet ways to pay your bill including online, by phone, dropbox, bank or even one of your favorite local Credit Unions – St. Thomas Fedreal Credit Union or Frederiksted Fedral Credit Union.
- Visit or Ways to Pay page for full details
How will Viya help the community stay connected?
- Public Wi-Fi hotspots will continue to be available throughout the community.
- The company is providing several generous discounts on communication products and services that will be extremely important for workers and students to stay connected as social distancing and working from home is a critical part of containing the virus.
- See March 13, 2020 Press Release for Details
The promotions for new customers interested in internet service are great. Can I establish service now?
- Viya continues to provide installations which do not require entry into a customer’s household. This may require the customer to pick up and plug in necessary equipment inside their home. This is done with guidance from the Viya Service Team.
- Wireless Internet service (MiFi) does not require installation and is an excellent alternative to our wired Internet service.
- To submit a request for new service please visit www.viya.vi or call 340-777-Viya (8492)
How is Viya communicating with the community?
- Viya’s leadership has regular communication with our internal customers to ensure that they are aware of the company’s plans. On March 16th an All-Employee meeting was held to disseminate information and illicit questions and concerns from team members.
- Besides here on our company website, Viya encourages you to follow our Facebook page for regular updates.
- Although Viya uses all forms of media to share information with the community, we encourage our community to stay tuned to weekly Viya updates on the radio.
- WLDV DaVybe – 107.9 FM on Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- WSTA – 1340 AM on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
- WJKC – 95.1 FM on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- WSTX 970 AM on the first and third Thursday of every month at 4:30 p.m.
- WRRA 103.5 FM on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- What is Viya doing to keep their customers and employees safe?
The supervisory team is closely monitoring employees and employees are encouraged to remain at home or work remotely if they are ill. Viya is following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html .
The company has hygiene requirements for employees that include ensuring that our facilities are thoroughly disinfected particularly in high traffic areas. Additionally, we have provided our employees with ample hygiene supplies to ensure that we adhere to the highest hygiene standards.
Viya’s technical crews will continue to service the network and dispatch to repair troubles. Our technicians are being constantly reminded about hygiene.
Hand sanitizer stations will be prevalent throughout the company’s facilities and available to our customers.
What is Viya doing to keep their customers and employees safe?
- The supervisory team is closely monitoring employees and employees are encouraged to remain at home or work remotely if they are ill. Viya is following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- The company has hygiene requirements for employees that include ensuring that our facilities are thoroughly disinfected particularly in high traffic areas.
- Additionally, we have provided our employees with ample hygiene supplies to ensure that we adhere to the highest hygiene standards.
- Viya’s technical crews will continue to service the network and dispatch to repair troubles. Our technicians are being constantly reminded about hygiene.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be prevalent throughout the company’s facilities and available to our customers.
Will my Viya service be impacted?
- Viya has the network capacity to handle the surge in on-line traffic we anticipate as people retreat from public space and move their lives on line.
- Our technicians, engineers and network team continue to work around the clock to monitor, adjust and make necessary repairs to both our fiber network and our 4G LTE Mobile network.
Know Viya TV+ FAQs
What is Viya TV+ ?
Viya TV+ is a whole new world of entertainment. A brand new look and feel; the broadest range of HD programming, both at home and on-the-go. Viya TV+ will give you the best in local programming and the most HD channels in the Virgin Islands, all packed into a tiny 4K ready media player.
What’s new on Viya TV+?
- More HD content
- Cloud DVR – 25 Hours of FREE storage!
- TV On-the-Go on our new app – Watch on your mobile phone, computer or tablet.
- VOD: Video OnDemand with latest Releases (extensive library coming soon!)
- New Channels! Including BeIN Sports, FidoTV, Law & Crime and Bloomberg Television
What is HD?
HD (High Definition) is a display resolution of 1280p x 720p (P stands for pixels). The higher the display resolution, the more vivid the picture.
What is the Cloud DVR and how it works? (Internet Connection Required)
Historically, your recordings were stored on a drive in the DVR with an allotted number of hours recording time. With Cloud DVR, your recordings are stored in an internet database and you have flexibility with recording times. It’s easy to manage your block of recording time. You can delete episodes or entire series any time you like.
Are you a binge watcher? You’ll love that our Cloud DVR feature will crawl the channels to find all the episodes for each season of your favorite series. Please note that the Cloud DVR feature requires Internet.
Can I Watch my recordings anywhere?
Whatever you record can be accessed in any room in your home or while you’re on the go with the Viya TV+ mobile app. We recommend using the app on Wi-Fi to avoid exceeding your mobile data allowance.
Because your recordings are stored in the cloud/internet, you will need Internet service so the media player can communicate via the internet.
What is Video on Demand (VOD)?
Rent a movie or event any time! Perfect for those rainy days or to entertain the family. Choose from an extensive library of new releases, movies or past events.
What do I need to enjoy VOD?
As long as you have your media player connected to internet (Viya or other provider) you can enjoy VOD any time.
How much are VOD rentals?
Pricing may vary depending on New Releases, “In Theatre Titles”, Popular Picks, etc.
How do I order VOD?
You can order via the remote or the desktop app only but VOD rentals can be enjoyed on any Viya media player, desktop computer or mobile device.
How long do I have to watch my VOD rental?
You have around 18 days to begin watching your VOD rental (this may vary depending on if it is a“New Release”, “In Theatre Title”, “Popular Pick”, etc.)
Can I use a universal remote with Viya TV+?
Yes. The Harmony Logitech is compatible with Viya TV+ media player.
What happens if I need to replace my remote?
If there is a manufacturer’s default, then we will happily replace the remote at no charge. If your remote has been damaged due to neglect (this includes your dog chewing the remote or water damage), there is a replacement fee of $5.
Is Viya TV+ compatible with any internet service?
Yes. You can connect the Viya TV+ media player to any 5GHz compatible internet service and you will have access to the full range of features including Cloud DVR.
What does 1 Way and 2 Way mode mean?
If your media player is connected to the Internet, the media player is able to communicate back and forth via the internet. We call this 2 Way. Think of it like a 2 way radio.
If your media player is not connected to the Internet, your media player cannot communicate back and forth via the internet. Instead we can only send communication to the media player. We call this 1 Way.
Do I have to connect the media player to the internet for it to work?
No, you do not have to connect the media player to the Internet to watch Live TV, but we recommend it to enjoy all of the robust features of Viya TV+.