Mobile Lifeline Program
Your Connection to No-Cost Mobile Phone Service
What is Mobile Lifeline?
Viya’s Mobile Lifeline program gives customers qualifying for the federal Lifeline program the opportunity to opt for a free mobile phone with free Viya 4G LTE monthly service plan.
Viya’s Mobile Lifeline Plan Includes:
- 1,000 FREE minutes of Nationwide calling while on the network.
- UNLIMITED texting and picture messaging while on the network.
- 2GB FREE data every month while on the network.
- INCLUDES voicemail, three-way calling, caller ID, directory assistance (411), and call forwarding.
Blu Advance 4.0 M Smartphone – FREE
• a supported service
• a non-transferable government assistance program
• only available to eligible consumers
• limited to one discount per household (either wireline or wireless service)
To be eligible for Lifeline, you must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Federal and local requirements:
• Household income must be at or below 135% of the most current Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size OR
• The consumer must be a participant in one of the qualifying federal assistance programs.
One Is The Limit!
• It is against Federal Law for eligible consumers to receive more than one Lifeline-subsidized phone (wireline or wireless) service. Consumers who willfully make false statements in order to obtain program benefits can be punished with a fine or imprisonment or barred from the program
Qualifying Programs for Lifeline Benefits
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
• Veteran’s Pensionor Survivor’s Pension
• Income-Based Eligibility (based on all persons in the household)
How to Sign Up for Lifeline
To sign up, visit one of Viya’s Customer Experience Centers in Tutu Park on St. Thomas or Estate Diamond on St. Croix.
Customers must bring the following requisite documents with them when they apply for the ﬁrst time or for recertiﬁcation:
• Acceptable and valid forms of identiﬁcation that conﬁrm your legal name, date of birth and social security number
The staff at VIYA will ask you to complete an application with proof of your eligibility. For additional information on documents needed, please listen to the recorded message at 340.779.9000. If you need to speak to a representative, please call 611 from your Viya Wireless device, or contact VIYA Office at 340.777-VIYA(8492).