Viya Fair Usage Policy
Viya promotes fair use of its wireless services so that our customers are not negatively impacted by the actions and behavior of a limited number of other subscribers. Viya has adopted a Fair Usage Policy for its Unlimited plans, to ensure that we provide the highest quality wireless service to the maximum number of our customers. All customers subscribing to this service must read and agree to these terms and conditions. Your failure to comply may result in the suspension or cancellation of your service.
Viya reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and will take appropriate steps as necessary to maintain the highest quality of service to our wireless customers.
- Viya promotes equal access to the services for which customers subscribe (“subscriber/customer”)
- These plans are designed for our customers who subscribe to Unlimited* services (see definition below)
- Anyone using the service inappropriately may be subject to suspension or termination. Inappropriate use of our services includes, but is not limited to, making the service available to non-subscribers, commercial use, resale, PBX, use by groups of individuals for the purpose of making large volumes of voice, text and data**
- Subscribers must not use the service to exploit for profit, or for extraordinary and prolonged continuous use that negatively impacts the service and experience of other Viya customers.
- You must use the service for which you subscribe. For example, if you subscribe for non-commercial use, the service is provided for your private non-commercial use only.
- Viya prohibits the use of the service for any activity that is illegal, fraudulent, and an infringement of the rights of any person or entity
- Viya prohibits the use of the service by any subscriber that interferes (or contributes to the interference) of the use and enjoyment of the service by others
- Viya prohibits the use of Unlimited service on a mobile device that is being used as a hotspot or is tethering any other device (such as a computer, smartphone, other phones, eBook or eReader, media player, laptop, notebook, tablet, mobile hotspots, gaming consoles, or other devices with similar functions). This includes, without limitation, the use of connection kits, applications, devices or accessories (using wired or wireless technology) unless the customer has subscribed to a Service plan with a limited high-speed data allowance and a feature offered specifically for tethering.
- Viya prohibits the use of the service that violates any of our terms of service including, but not limited to our Acceptable Use Policy, or any rules or regulations that you access through Viya’s network.
What is Unlimited Usage*:
Viya’s ‘Unlimited’ prepaid and postpaid plans offers — Unlimited voice, text and data services via a single mobile device for the lifespan of the subscribed service plan (e.g., If you subscribe for a 1, 7 or 30 days’ prepaid plan or for the duration of the billing cycle for postpaid customers). For voice and mobile text services, Unlimited only applies to ALL Domestic calls, not International calls (please see definition in plan for which you subscribe). Unlimited Mobile users can send International SMS for the duration of their plans.
Data Service, Viya will provide customers with unlimited data at the fastest available speed in the customer’s service area, up to 4GLTE. (Please make sure you read the terms and condition of the service of the plan for which you subscribe)
Voice, Data and Text Usage**
Generally, Viya places no preset caps on usage. On rare occasions however, Viya reserves the right to intervene to ensure that customers are using their service properly without violating our Fair Usage policy. Viya, at its discretion, may notify the Customer that they are using excessive amounts of services, may prompt an investigation to ensure policy violations are not occurring, or have their access temporarily reduced or suspended until it ascertains that the customer is using services in compliance with our Fair Usage Policy.
Unlimited wireless mobility provides customers with the ability to stream videos, audio, and online games when they are in Viya’s service area. Viya’s Unlimited plans provide
customers streaming speeds up to 512kbps (subject to restrictions on ‘extraordinary’ or “prolonged’ use)
Viya reserves the right to amend the terms of this Fair Use Policy, with or without notice. Viya will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any material change(s) to your service at Viya’s discretion, to include the use of text messages, e-mail and by posting the updated Agreement at https://www.viya.vi.