Win a Sweet Valentine’s Date with Adam O.
Viya is giving away a dinner date at Braata in St. Croix with Soca sweetheart, Adam O. on Valentine’s Day.
HOW TO ENTER
- Log on to Instagram and follow @viyausvi
- Share with Viya a story of the WORST date you have ever been on
- Best responses will be posted under our “stories” on our Viya page
- Invite your friends to vote on their favorite story by 11:59pm AST, 2/10/19.
- The winner will be announced at 2pm AST, Monday, 2/11/19
Winner with the most votes will receive:
- WHAT: All-expense-paid dinner for you and Adam O.
- WHERE: Chef Digby Stridiron’s new restaurant, Braata in Frederiksted on St. Croix
- WHEN: Thursday, February 15th
Three runners up will will be chosen to each win:
- A dozen roses delivered to the Valentine of your choice in the USVI on Valentine’s Day
- Winner (including runners up) must be 18 years of age or older.
- Viya contractors, employees or direct relatives of either are not eligible to win. (This includes spouses, parents and children).
- All entries received outside of the contest period will be disqualified.
- A tie votes will be determined at the discretion of Viya.
Travel arrangements will be provided by Viya should winner reside in the U.S. Virgin Islands outside of St. Croix. This include airfare to and from St. Croix from St. Thomas, USVI Seaplane or airport and one night hotel stay in Frederiksted, St. Croix on Thursday, February, 14th, 2019. A taxi will also be provided for the winner to and from the winner’s hotel and Braata. Complete travel arrangements will be shared with chosen winner and may vary depending on individual circumstance. No travel accommodations will be provided outside of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Dinner will be limited to a $300 value and certain high-valued items (i.e. bottles of wine) will be excluded. Additional food and beverages may not be ordered for takeout purposes.
VIYA (the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Often times prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. resident 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Communication/Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
4. PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in a contest, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Conduct, Judging, and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
8. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
9. Law Compliance. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.