Our special low-cost telephone service.
- A supported service.
- A non-transferable government assistance program.
- Only available to eligible consumers.
- Limited to one discount per household? (either wireline or wireless service).
VIYA, in conjunction with the V.I. Public Services Commission (PSC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), provides the Lifeline program that reduces the cost of basic wireline telephone service.
HOW LIFELINE WORKS:
If you qualify for participation in Lifeline, you will receive a credit on your local monthly wireline telephone bill of $9.25 (Federal credit) and $10.55 (local credit).
WHAT THE LIFELINE PROGRAM MEANS:
In dollars and cents, here’s how the Lifeline program can help you (note: this does not include the optional TLS credit and charge):
|Current Monthly Telephone Charge||$31.83
(includes applicable taxes and fees)
|Lifeline Federal Credit||$9.25|
|Lifeline Local Credit||$10.55|
|Other Credits (LNP, ARC, FUSC)*||$2.33|
|Monthly Charge After Credits||$9.70|
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR LIFELINE:
- Effective November 1, 2016, certification of eligibility will be done at the Viya Business Office. The staff at Viya will ask you to complete an application with proof of your eligibility.
- For more information, please contact VIYA Customer Service at 340-777-Viya(8492)
For full details and term and conditions please download the files below: